About Me

My photo
I teach 8th Grade History and I love to teach kids. I am going into my 3rd year as a teacher. At the moment I am working towards my masters in instructional technology.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

First Post with History Technology:)

Readers,
The fun part here will be learning about all of the different forms to technology that I can use in my classroom. This will be a learning experience:) I have always enjoyed gadgets and the latest technology so it will be fun to apply this to the class I teach.
Now when most people think about history classes they think BORING! Now this is usually because the primary method to teach history is lecture. Now if a teacher is to add interactive elements with technology....boom! you have them hooked. Our students today are learners in the 20th Century! We have to treat them that way. Some history teachers still to this day use the stand and deliver approach along with read this and answer that. Until as a group we can begin to fix this forever will our generations of kids grow up without the knowledge of their nation or the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment